Wednesday, January 26, 2011

30-Day Raw Food Challenge-Week 3


This is the end of week 3 of our 30-Day Raw Food Challenge.  I thought this would be the hardest week, but it has flown by.  My client is counting down the days to the end.  She is craving some hot food, but has promised me she will slowly add cooked foods back in so she doesn't have a bad reaction.  She has also committed to eating 50-70% raw daily after the Raw Food Challenge to continue to see improvements.  Her blood pressure and resting heart rates are still looking good, and her fasting glucose is now steady in the 112-115 range.  We're hoping to continue to see this drop next week; however, I believe the additional work-related stress this week has slowed it down.


Assisted Detox

To aid the detox process, I provided my client with a 1-hour Swedish Massage followed by an ION Cleanse(R) Detox Foot Bath.  When she went home afterwards, she was very fatigued and slept hard for 3 hours.  Later that evening and the next morning, a lot of yellow mucus congestion was being expelled through the nose and mouth, and foul-smelling bowel movements completed the detox.  Following this, she felt great...on top of the world.  It goes to show how many toxins are stored in the body, especially after providing it with healing nutrients, and how detox methods (colonics, massage, saunas, detox foot baths, etc) can aid the healing process.  Here is a picture of an ION Cleanse(R) Detox Foot Bath with my client after 30 minutes.


Shakeology - The Next Phase


When we are done, we will be adding in Shakeology, a meal replacement drink from Beachbody.  It has over 70 natural ingredients and superfoods along with digestive enzymes and prebiotics.  Several friends, along with a 90-day independent study, have reported it to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure and increase growth of hair and nails.  Due to her thyroid issues, this is an area my client wants to improve in and we will be monitoring it for at least 90 days.

My Results
 
For myself, as long as I keep eating throughout each day, my energy is fine.  The one day I didn't have enough food with me, I felt so drained until I went home and ate, and it took some time to recover.  I've been sleeping 7-9 hours each night, and feeling better each morning when I wake up...more focused.

Everyone I talk to about the diet looks at me questioningly, and asks if I'm getting enough calories/protein/etc.  I laugh and say 'YES, plenty'.  Again, 1 oz of almonds has 7g of protein.  The 1/2 cup of rolled oats I eat for breakfast in my raw muesli has 7g of protein.  I've only lost 3 pounds so far this month, and still have energy to work out.  One area raw or vegan diets have to be careful of is getting enough B12, and I'm taking a shot weekly to compensate.  Overall, this is an amazing diet, but not for everyone.  It does take time to learn new habits in the kitchen and discipline to eat only raw, even when running behind.  I believe it has tremendous capabilities of healing the body, and challenge anyone to eat even 50% raw.  If you don't think you have time, get the book 'Raw Foods Made Easy for 1 or 2 People' by Jennifer Cornbleet.

Summary

We're counting down these last few days, and I'm looking forward to getting the results from my client's blood work.  Her fasting glucose levels continue to come down, and she's doing great!  We'll be reporting these as we get them, and I appreciate your support.  Please call or email with questions.


Week 2                       Week 4

No comments:

Post a Comment