Monday, January 17, 2011

30-Day Raw Food Challenge-Week 2



This is the end of week 2 of our 30-Day Raw Food Challenge.  Fatigue and motivation were factors that came into play more as my client's blood glucose levels oscillated up and down between 104-128, and one day spiked to 192.   Before the challenge started, they were fairly stable at 138-140; and this caused some frustration.  This is a part of the body's healing process as it attempts to stabilize and heal, and she has been in contact with her physician to keep them in the loop. She won't give up, and I'm very proud of her for taking on this challenge to be healthier. 

 My Journey

For myself, I have felt more fatigued and starting to want some cooked foods.  Sitting at a birthday lunch recently was difficult as I watched everyone else eating fish, vegetables, hush puppies, cake, and ice cream.  The only thing on the menu I could eat was a side salad with a vinaigrette.   If I had planned better, I could have brought some chocolate mousse; however, I didn't think of it until too late.

The alfredo sauce on zuchini noodles slightly warmed in the oven is very good to me with a side salad.  My salads have gotten much larger and more varied.  I'm adding cucumbers, craisins, sweet peppers, ground flax seeds, broccoli sprouts I sprouted myself, and other items that I didn't use to take the time to add before.

Taking time each week to prepare foods is no different from what I used to do; however, difficulties arise when I run out of food and time.  There are no raw food restaurants in the local area, and fast food drive thru's are pretty limited to salads. It's not a big deal...it just underlines the fact that I almost always have fruit and nuts on hand during the day, and take the time on my days off to prepare for the week.

Overall Well-Being & Detox

Both of us have felt fatigued this week.  My client is feeling more mellow and less stressed, and her average heart rate has decreased back into the normal range.  She is eating a wide variety of fruits, nuts and vegetables which is excellent.  Even being around so many people every day eating foods she used to love has not deterred her from this challenge.

We both had ION Cleanse Detox Foot Baths this week to release toxins from the body.  Afterward, my client felt slightly fatigued, while I was slightly energized.  Every session is different as to what is released from the body and how you feel afterward.   

We are both still able to work, although at a slower pace some days and more sleep at night.  Working out has not been a problem, except for a few days of fatigue.  Protein intake is normal with all the nuts and vegetables we've been eating.  One ounce of almonds has 7g of protein.  We also received a B-12 shot to keep our energy levels up.

Summary

I am looking forward to the positive changes that continue to happen to both of us.  The body is an amazing machine that heals itself when you give it the proper nutrients and care.  We both plan to continue eating raw foods daily after these 30 days; however, we will be introducing cooked foods back in slowly.  My goal is to stay 50-70% raw, and continue to introduce this challenge to others that are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment