Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Tapping for Cravings?

Have you ever had cravings so bad for something sweet 30 minutes after you eat a big meal? I used to until I figured out how badly a diet high in carbohydrates and sugar was affecting my body. When I first started losing weight and weaning myself off sugar, I had to deal with these cravings and learned a technique known as EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques).

EFT is a very simple process where you tap on acupressure points of the body while focusing on the issue you're working on. This simple technique, which can be performed in less than 1 minute, has been demonstrated to stop cravings among other things such as PTSD, depression, chronic conditions, and many others. One of the mantras of founder, Gary Craig, is 'Tap for everything, what can it hurt?'

I have to say I was very skeptical, but after I tried it, it worked. Yes, the cravings would come back occasionally, but their frequency became less and less. I have also shown others how to use this technique with surprising results. Just a few are...
  • Two people, on separate occasions, were experiencing severe grief and anxiety.  After 1 round of tapping, they went from a level of 10 (emotionally overwrought) down to a 1 (barely feel emotional).
  • One person couldn't raise their arm above their head due to a fairly recent injury. After 2 rounds of tapping, they could without pain.
  • One person couldn't turn their head and said they 'slept wrong.' We did 1 round of tapping and it was gone.
How something so simple can have such amazing results is beyond me, but don't take my word for it....watch this video and download the free instructions on how to perform EFT. You'll be glad you did.

Alternative web sites for more info are:
http://www.thrivingnow.com/tapping-points-and-instructions/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knz-iO8j5Zc

No comments:

Post a Comment