Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mini Trampolines - Worth The Money?



A few years ago, I went to a conference on Extreme Health.  Among the many vendors selling products and supplements to improve your health was a speaker, David Hall, who gave an amazing demonstration on the reasons to use a mini trampoline.  I have to admit....when they first came out, I thought they were pretty silly looking, and didn't expect them to last.  Many years later, they are still around, and I've learned why.


One of the first demonstrations David gave was taking several people from the audience and having them stand feet shoulder distance apart with their hands clasped in front of them.  He then pushed down on their hands and easily pulled them off balance.  Then he had them all bounce for a minute on his version of the mini trampoline - Cellerciser- and did it again.  This time, he couldn't pull them off balance.  Just by using the mini trampoline consistently, it improves your balance.

Another amazing thing that mini trampolines do is tone, cleanse, and strengthen every cell in your body.  Just by the acceleration and deceleration (G forces) of jumping, your cell membranes have to increase the amount of protein to avoid rupture.  You have approximately 75 trillion cells in your body, and improving your cells can equate to better oxygen transfer, increased capacity for respiration, increased functional activity of red bone marrow in the production of red blood cells, and flow in the veins of the circulatory system.  (According to The Townsend Letter for Doctors by Dr. Morton Walker)

Another thing I learned is that our lymphatic system does not have a pump.  By jumping on the Cellerciser, you help to move these wastes accumulated in the lymph nodes along their way.  Whether you take a brisk walk or jump on the Cellerciser, you are helping these systems do their work, and the Cellerciser can get them done in a shorter period of time.  It also aids in your digestion and elimination.  Just think about it....you're jumping up and down for a period of time....it's going to get something moving....as long as you're drinking your water.  ;-)

Also, due to many years of high impact sports, I've had to reduce the impact on my knees.  The Cellerciser helps with that by reducing the impact approximately 70%.  Now, when I come across a plyometric exercise on my workout DVDs, instead of bypassing them, I just jump on the Cellerciser.  It has really helped, and I feel better knowing I'm not missing parts of my workout.

All in all, I have to say I am well pleased with my Cellerciser. It was more expensive than some of the lower end models, but I do believe 'You get what you pay for.'  :-) 

Check out this YouTube video describing the qualities of the Cellerciser.  I hope you enjoy it, and appreciate you taking the time to learn more about the benefits of rebounding.  FYI...If you do click on one of the links for the Cellerciser and decide to purchase, I will receive a referral and use it for upkeep of this web site.

1 comment: